2. Personal Information
We may also, on limited occasions, collect first name and online contact information (typically, an e-mail address) of Children solely for the following purposes:
For one-time use of that information, such as to respond directly to a specific request (for example, answering a question submitted through the Site). We delete the contact information provided from our records once it is used to fulfill the specific one-time purpose and will not use it to re-contact the Child; or
For the sole purpose of any of the following: to protect the security or integrity of the Site; to take precautions against liability; to respond to judicial process; and, to the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety.
Please note that, as required by law, we will not condition a Child's participation in an activity on the Site on the Child's disclosing more than is reasonably necessary to participate in such activity. We use personal information only for the purpose that it was provided and for internal purposes.
3. User-Supplied Content and Information
In order to create an account or make a purchase through the Site we require you to provide some general personal information, including your name, e-mail address, city, and zip code (collectively, “Contact Information”). Further, if chat is available through this site, you may be asked to provide information if you participate in an online chat. Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Security Number; driver’s license number) (collectively, “Sensitive Information”). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
In order to purchase from the Site you must provide certain financial information (e.g., credit card, bank account or other financial information) (collectively, “Financial Information”). Financial Information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use the Contact Information provided to contact you.
User-supplied Contact Information that you provide to us when creating an account, any information provided to us that does not include Sensitive Information or Financial Information, and any content and information provided to us when you post photos, text, comments, or other information will be used to provide information to one or more third parties for market research or marketing purposes. The Scholar Store is the sole owner of all information obtained at this site. We may also use information you provide to us to communicate with you in the future. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may opt out (unsubscribe) as described below.
4. Web Server Logs
When you visit our website, we may track information about your visit and store that information in our Website web server logs, which are records of the activities on our sites. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of the information we may collect include but are not limited to:
- your unique Internet protocol (IP) address;
- the name of your unique Internet service provider;
- the town/city, county/state and country from which you access our website;
- the kind of browser or computer you use;
- the number of links you click within the site;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the web page from which you arrived to our site;
- the pages you viewed on the site; and
- certain searches/queries that you conducted via our website(s).
The information we collect in web server logs helps us administer the site, analyze its usage, identify information or services that are most relevant to a particular User, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use, and improve the User's experience.
6. Protection of Personal Information
The Scholar Store does not disclose Children's personal information to third parties, except with regard to the safety and security of the Site as discussed above, and to service providers who provide support for the internal operations of the Site and who do not disclose or use the personal information for any other purpose. These service providers may provide support services such as hosting the Site, designing and/or operating the Site's features, or performing other administrative services. The Scholar Store may provide these companies with access to Children's personal information in order for them to carry out the services they are performing on The Scholar Store’s behalf. These service providers have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of this personal information they obtain from The Scholar Store and the Site.
Parents have the right to review and request that The Scholar Store delete any personal information that the Site has collected and retained about their Child. If you would like to request that The Scholar Store delete any personal information The Scholar Store may have about your Child (such as first name and contact information prior to the Site’s one-time use) or if you would like to request that the Site make no further collection of personal information about your Child, please contact The Scholar Store.
7. Access to Information
We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other User data to others, and we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- to agents, third parties, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us;
- if we are unable to assist with your matter, but know an unaffiliated company that may be able to help you, we may refer you and share information you provided us with that party; and
- as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if we are acquired by another company or if we are liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
8. Correcting, Amending, or Deleting Personal Information and/or Opt-Out of Future Communications
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. In order to do so, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- see what data we have about you, if any;
- change/correct any data we have about you;
- ask us to delete any data we have about you; and/or
- opt out of future communications from us.
9. Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time the Site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact Information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the Site.
10. Additional Questions or Concerns
Last Updated: February 22, 2016